Inspired by the Green Bay Packers’ sale of $80 million of worthless stock to its eager fan base, The Heckler is following suit! For just $25 you can own* a piece of The Heckler. Unlike Packers stock, ours comes with a handy self-adhesive backing that makes putting it up on your office wall a breeze! Don’t bother picking up a $5 frame at Fleet Farm that’s needed to hang your Packers stock!
Click here to buy your Heckler Post-It Stock today!
“We appreciate the interest that fans have expressed in our stock offering,” said The Heckler founder Brad Zibung. “We know our fan base is at least one-tenth as passionate for us as the Packers fan base is for them, so pricing our stock at 10 percent of the Packers stock price makes perfect sense.”
Foolish business and investment experts voiced their concerns about The Heckler’s stock offering.
“I went on the record as calling the Packers’ stock sale the biggest racket in sports, but then I saw this stupid web site trying to sell its visitors Post-It notes disguised as stock,” said Darren Rovell, a CNBC sports business reporter. “This is a bigger rip-off than those stupid PowerBalance braclets.”
Even disgraced investment adviser Bernie Madoff weighed in on the matter.
“Here I sit in jail, rotting away for stealing billions and someone else comes up with a legal way to scam willing people out of millions by selling them stock everyone knows is worthless,” said Madoff. “It’s the perfect crime!”
*Details on The Heckler stock sale:
- The price per share will be $25, and there will be a handling charge
- The offering will be limited to persons in the United States.
- Shares will be able to be purchased online with credit or debit cards, and also via mail.
- Purchasers to receive delivery of Post-Its by Dec. 24 (It’s a Christmas Miracle!).
- Only individuals (including spouses as joint tenants) will be able to purchase shares; individuals can purchase shares as a gift for other individuals.
- The Heckler will initially offer 250,000 shares.
- No one may buy more than 25,000 shares (counting any shares that the person purchased in the 1997-1998 offering).
- The offering will continue until Feb. 29, 2012, subject to extension.
- In contemplation of the offering, interested fans should note:
- Stock in the Heckler does not constitute an investment in “stock” in the common sense of the term.
- The Heckler will have no obligation to repay the amount a buyer pays to purchase Heckler stock.
- Anyone considering the purchase of Heckler stock should not purchase the stock to make a profit or to receive a dividend or tax deduction or any other economic benefits.
- Any offering of Heckler stock will only be made through an offering document.
- The Heckler believe offerees and purchasers of Heckler stock will not receive the protection of securities laws with respect to any offering or sale of Heckler stock.
- The Heckler bylaws and NFL rules severely restrict transfers of Heckler stock.