The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Billy Corgan challenges Eddie Vedder to Cubs Trivia and Battle of Bands
- ESPN fires Stephen A. Smith for smoking pot
- NFL releases cheat sheet to show players penalties for every possible rules violation
- Cubs entertain trading Rizzo to Rangers or Rays for 30 wins
- Guy who wouldn’t get a job at Perkins currently hosting Boston sports radio show