The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Bears and Packers fans form uneasy draft day alliance in response to obnoxious New York fans
- Tom Brady angrily admits Belichick has history of checking out supermodels
- Quenneville selects starting goalie based on rock-paper-scissors game
- Preds thrilled no Hawks fans will be in Nashville for Game 7
- Cubs to sell beers spiked with foul balls