The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- WATCH NOW: Good Jay thanks Bad Jay with Facebook video
- McCown to QB for Bears and Bucs Sunday
- Trestman ‘well prepared’ for Sunday’s post-game press conference
- Brandon Marshall’s Twitter account becomes self-aware, may take down Skynet
- Carl Weathers NFL Power Rankings: Why am I not in the Expendables movies?