The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Join The Heckler for Blackhawks-Jets Tuesday, Dec. 27
- Sox fan saving cash to buy jerseys of possible Cubs playoff opponents
- Ryan Lochte changes name to Simone, sets sights on Tokyo
- Only a few spots remain for Thursday’s Cubs-Cards outing at Wrigley
- Cubs fan makes petition for Kris Bryant to wear tighter baseball pants