The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Wrigley Field ivy arrested for distribution of a controlled substance
- John Fox casually tells Cutler how much fun Braxton Miller is having after switch from QB to WR
- 65,000 Packers fans who hated Favre a couple years ago attend his HOF ceremony at Lambeau
- Theo Epstein apologizes for leaked internet ESPN the Magazine body photos: ‘I was young. I needed the money’
- Rizzo hit by a pitch 14 times during HR Derby