The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Delusional Bears fan thinks Jordy Nelson injury improve Chicago’s chances
- After hiring of Toni Kukoc, Scottie Pippen sits out last 1.8 seconds of Bulls staff meeting
- Suspended Brady: ‘My life still way better than yours’
- Wrigley Field ivy arrested for distribution of a controlled substance
- John Fox casually tells Cutler how much fun Braxton Miller is having after switch from QB to WR