The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Wrigley renovations delayed because Cubs had no idea it would be cold this winter
- Kevin Garnett already teaching new young teammates how to properly disrespect opponents
- Here’s a comprehensive list of all Blackhawks rumors currently going around town
- Derrick Rose thought doctors said 46 weeks, not 4 to 6 weeks, for his return from knee injury
- EXCLUSIVE INVESTIGATION: Did Patrick Sharp have coffee with a teammate’s wife?