The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Cutler and Marshall plan date night while visiting New England
- Wrigley renovations delayed after Todd Ricketts found passed out on pile of construction rubble
- Obama dispatches John Kerry to Soldier Field to bring peace to the Bears locker room
- Rooftop owners drop lawsuit after realizing Cubs games are better if you can’t watch them
- Carl Weathers NFL Power Rankings — Week 7, 2014