The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- NHL announces Game 3 of Ducks-Hawks series will begin at 7AM PDT on Thursday
- Shaw promises to only score with his stick or shin pads in future
- Cubs call up 7 catchers after Castillo trade: ‘You can never have enough’
- Despite elimination, Thibodeau vows to play Jimmy Butler 48 minutes in Game 7
- Obama selects U.S. Cellular Field for Presidential Library