The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Irate Trestman: We’re on to New England
- Iowa Cubs lock up Kris Bryant with lucrative 7-year deal
- Carl Weathers NFL Power Rankings — Week 6, 2014
- Lackadaisical Raider fans admit they’re just going through motions while pummeling Charger fans
- Beats by Dre fines David Kaplan $10,000 for wearing their headphones