The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Hacked cellphone pics appear to show Roger Goodell smoking pot
- Drunk dude bros decide Bears’ Super Bowl victory is inevitable
- Cowboys and Raiders cut as NFL sets 30-team roster for season
- Heroic Johnny Manziel jumps off inflatable swan to save hot girl from bad selfie
- Cubs add automated voice to Wrigley Field so it can literally beg for money