The mood was grim at Halas Hall Monday morning as head coach Lovie Smith was fired after nine seasons as Bears head coach. Reports indicate that Smith attempted to call a timeout during the termination. After that was denied, he pulled a red challenge flag from his sock and casually dropped it on the conference room floor.
Report: Lovie frantically tried to call timeout while Emery was firing him
IN THE NEWS
- Cubs sign Greinke, Price and Cueto, appeasing totally realistic fans
- Bears thankful nation will be asleep on couch during Thursday night’s game
- Chicago Bears Bingo: Bears at St. Louis Rams
- Optimistic fan points out the Bears did not lose this weekend
- Cubs and Sox fans have thoughtful Internet discussions after Cubs exit playoffs