Ron Santo’s passing marks a sad day for all Cubs fans and observers. The raw emotion he brought to games made you feel like you were following the game live with your grandfather, and that’s probably the best way to take in baseball. He’ll be missed by anyone who followed the Cubs.
Here’s a look back at some of The Heckler’s posts about Santo:
- A great real-life interview with Santo from 2004
- February 2007: ‘Old, bitter and crotchety’ Veterans Committee keeps Santo out of Hall again
- Retro Cover from September 1969: Cubs not phased by Mets, black cat
- April 2008: Santo banned from pronouncing name of new Japanese player
- April 2010: Santo gets green mohawk toupee