1) If you have never posted content with us before, simply register as a contributor at this link:
Your username is what will that will appear with the article. FYI: You don’t have to use your actual name, but don’t make it ridiculous.
Once you’ve registered as a contributor to TheHeckler.com, your link for future log-ins will be:
2) Log in to your newly-created Heckler WordPress account here: http://www.theheckler.com/wp-login.php and write your article (175-300 words is recommended). Try to use a style that’s common on TheHeckler.com. If you’re unsure, read a few recent articles to get a feel for it.
3) Proofread your submission. It can’t be stressed enough how important it is to spell-check your writing. The editors will do their best when editing, but if something’s riddled with errors, yep, deleted.
4) Select the appropriate Categories for your content. As a rule of thumb, each post should have at least one Region (East, Midwest, South, etc.), one State (Maryland, Pennsylvania, etc.), one City (Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, etc.), one Team (Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, etc.) and one Sport/League (MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.). This is what decides where on TheHeckler.com your content will go so it’s important to get it right.
5) Add a tag or two for relevant content. All tags must be one word with no punctuation. Use the full and proper name of people and places (no nicknames or abbreviations). Examples: mikequade, ozzieguillen, timtebow, coorsfield
6) If your contribution makes the grade, you’ll see it posted on the site. Our editors (morons that they are!) might make edits and style changes to what you wrote so if the final product looks different than your original posting, please don’t take offense.
7) After you post a couple pieces, we may invite you to a private Facebook editorial group so you can be part of behind-the-scenes conversation about content.
Questions? Email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you when we can.